SuperSprox Stealth Rear Sprocket
Originally designed for the KTM Dakar Rally Race Team, the SuperSprox Stealth Rear Sprocket is the go-to choice when there can be no compromises.
While aluminium sprockets are coveted for their lightness, they wear out quickly, especially in rough conditions or on high horsepower machines. Steel sprockets might be durable enough to go the distance, but their comparatively higher weight makes them less than ideal for riders and race teams looking to squeeze every drop of performance from their machinery. The shortcomings of each material inspired SuperSprox to come up with a hybrid alternative.
The inner ring of the Stealth sprocket is constructed from lightweight aluminium with CAD-designed, weight-saving cutouts, minimizing unsprung weight. To ensure longevity and durability, the outer ring is made of much more resilient steel. Adding to the steel’s resilience is SuperSprox’s special three-step, Tri-Zinc finishing. First, the steel ring is coated in a mixture of silver and Nickle, which fights corrosion. The second step in the coating process is a black passivation that fills the micropores in the steel’s surface, ensuring abrasive rust and road debris aren’t able to become lodged in between your drive components for long enough to cause serious damage. Finally, the steel is finished with a slick, smooth topcoat that helps keep it clean and looking good for years to come
- CAD designed and laser cut
- Sprocket inner constructed of lightweight aluminium
- Outer ring constructed of durable steel with SuperSprox Tri-Zinc plating
- Hybrid sprocket offers riders the durability of steel combined with the low weight of aluminium
- Originally design for, and still used on, KTM Dakar Rally bikes
- Retains stock pitch
- Teeth made of high-strength steel, for an extra long service life
- Aluminum center section, reduces unsprung masses
- Permanently joined together with high-strength rivets
- At least three times longer service life than other aluminum rear sprockets
- 50 % lighter than steel rear sprockets
- Longer service life of the entire drivetrain kit